At Springfield High School, we are committed, through an ongoing collaboration between teachers, families, and community members, to offering rich and diverse curriculum that equips students with the knowledge and skills necessary for success in school and in all future endeavors.
Portrait of an SHS Graduate
- Persistent and Resourceful Individual: Graduate will persevere in the face of adversity to complete the task at hand.
- Adaptable and Productive Community Member: Graduates will act as productive citizen by demonstrating responsibility to their community and flexibility in fulfilling personal, professional, and community expectations.
- College and Career-Ready Scholar: Graduates will develop and manage a personal education and career plan, and demonstrate application of academic and technical competencies to a chosen career field.
- Critical and Innovative Problem-Solver: Graduates will understand the nature of problems, create innovate solutions, and make informed decisions by using critical and creative thinking, logical reasoning, analysis, inquiry, and problem-solving techniques.
- Ethical Decision Maker: Graduate will display personal and professional integrity by demonstrating leadership, effective decision-making, and ethical personal and professional management skills.
- Effective Communicator and Collaborator: Graduates will demonstrate leadership qualities through the ability to effectively communicate, collaborate, innovate, and think creatively.
Look through our web site to find what you need!
Questions? Please give us a call!
Si necesita la tradución para este sitio web, por favor presione el botón de tradución que está locado a la derecha y arriba de la página.
SHS Showcase is coming! You’re invited to visit campus and see the many opportunities available! Tuesday, March 20, 5:30-7:00. See you there!
On Thursday April 12th Elevate Lane County will be hosting their first Job Fair for Graduating Seniors.
The fair is intended for seniors who are actively seeking work and companies who are hiring. We anticipate that the students in attendance will represent all 16 districts from across Lane County. Students will be appropriately prepared by their teachers and counselors and will be bringing resumes. All registered vendors will receive booth space and a room will be available for interviews to take place.
SPRINGFIELD HIGH PARENT GROUP
NEXT MEETING: Helping our students; hear about what classes and services are available to your kids.
Thursday, March 15
All SHS parents and guardians are warmly invited to join our new group, working to get parents information to help all our students do well in school.
Questions/RSVP: Joy Marshall, email@example.com 541-912-2921
SCHOOLS CLOSED due to inclement weather Thursday, February 22
Due to snowy and icy roadways all schools are CLOSED today. While main roads are improving, particularly in the lower elevations, throughout portions of our district many side streets and sidewalks remain snow covered and slick, and school has been canceled for safety.
Register for spring sports at the attendance office February 19, 4-7:00.
Click here to read about Brooklyn Reed, one of our amazing SHS students!
We love our SHS counselors! They go above and beyond to support our students every day. Please take a moment this week to thank your counselor for all they do!
Second semester schedules will be available through Student Vue this weekend. We will also distribute paper copies on Monday morning beginning at 7:30.
Remember, it’s finals week for SHS students. Study hard but also remember to eat and to get a good sleep. Finals are 8:45-10:15, 10:30-12:00 and 1:00-2:30.
Congratulations to senior, Payton Swartout, sophomore, James Fuller and junior, Trenton Fleenor, for their outstanding performance with the Oregon Music Educator Association’s All-State Honor Choir on January 14th at the Hult Center for the Performing Arts.
These SHS Miller boys were chosen, by audition, to sing with the 130 member choir, out of thousands of auditions from around the state of Oregon.
Congratulations, and GO MILLERS!
Posted in Activities, Choir, Clubs, Events, Fine Arts, General
Tagged all-state, auditorium, choir, Chorale, Choraliers, Concert, Event, fun, Kaleidoscope, Melodairs, perform, performance, sing, talent