At Springfield High School, we are committed, through an ongoing collaboration between teachers, families, and community members, to offering rich and diverse curriculum that equips students with the knowledge and skills necessary for success in school and in all future endeavors.
Portrait of an SHS Graduate
- Persistent: Graduate will persevere in the face of adversity to complete the task at hand.
- Adaptable and Productive Citizen: Graduates will act as productive citizen by demonstrating responsibility to their community and flexibility in fulfilling personal, professional, and community expectations.
- College and Career-Ready Scholar: Graduates will develop and manage a personal education and career plan, and demonstrate application of academic and technical competencies to a chosen career field.
- Critical and Innovative Problem-Solver: Graduates will understand the nature of problems, create innovate solutions, and make informed decisions by using critical and creative thinking, logical reasoning, analysis, inquiry, and problem-solving techniques.
- Ethical Decision Maker: Graduate will display personal and professional integrity by demonstrating leadership, effective decision-making, and ethical personal and professional management skills.
- Effective Communicator and Collaborator: Graduates will demonstrate leadership qualities through the ability to effectively communicate, collaborate, innovate, and think creatively.
Look through our web site to find what you need!
Questions? Please give us a call!
Si necesita la tradución para este sitio web, por favor presione el botón de tradución que está locado a la derecha y arriba de la página.
If you are signed up for summer school, make sure you’re in the Commons at 8:15 (for the morning session classes) and 12:15 (for the afternoon session classes).
Thanks for a great 2016-17 school year! Enjoy the summer and we’ll see you in the fall.
Today (Friday, 16th) is the last day of regular classes for all students! Finals week starts Monday with Periods 1 (8:45-10:15), 3 (10:30-12:00), & 7 (1:00-2:30). Rest up and study hard!
The 2017 graduation ceremony will be held inside the main gym and begins at 7:00 with doors opening at 6:00. Admission is with the white tickets. Students should park in the student parking lot and all others use 10th Street parking. In order to ensure that everyone can see and hear their graduate, balloons, signs, and noisemakers are not permitted.
Students must be in the west gym by 6:00 with caps and gowns.
We’re looking forward to celebrating this significant achievement! Congratulations to the Class of 2017!
It’s a busy week at SHS! Graduating seniors should check the “Graduation Information” link for details about events happening this week. Senior breakfast is Wednesday morning, Baccalaureate is Thursday evening and Graduation is Friday. We’ll keep you posted as to whether it’s inside or outside.
Also, Monday at 7:00 is the Jazz/Mariachi concert and Tuesday at 7:30 is the Spring Choir Concert. These are free events!
Springfield Marching Band represents in the Disneyland parade!
Each year since 2013, as part of the ACT College and Career Readiness Campaign, the ACT Organization selects a high school throughout different states in the U.S. to receive an exemplar award.
At the School Board meeting on Monday, Secondary Director Kevin Ricker presented SHS with a certificate and a banner in recognition of the exemplary accomplishment for our outstanding achievement in College and Career Readiness.
This is a testament to our commitment and efforts to provide our students with a meaningful learning experience beyond high school.
Come on out to Springfield High on Saturday night for this year’s Mr. and Miss Miller Pageant! This project supports the Children’s Miracle Network and SHS. You’ll love seeing the amazing talent and hearing the heartfelt stories from our students. Doors open at 6:30 for the silent auction with the pageant starting at 7:30 in the auditorium. Tickets are just $10. See you there!
We appreciate our SHS teachers! If you know a teacher, take a moment and thank them for their hard work and dedication.